Foundation of My Faith
- There is one God, in whom exists three coequal persons (the trinity): Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is fully God, born of the Holy Spirit of God through a virgin, making him also fully man, yet having all the attributes of Deity.
- Jesus Christ lived a sinless life, and died on the cross to pay the penalty of death required to atone for my sins, and fulfill the righteous requirement of the law of God. By doing so, I live from a position of right standing with God in Christ Jesus.
- The Holy Spirit is the administrator of God’s will; His ministry is to glorify Christ, and apply the saving work of Christ to humankind.
- The Holy Spirit draws sinners to Christ, imparts new life to them, indwells and seals them, guides, comforts, instructs, and empowers them for godly living and service.
- The Old and New Testament (Covenants), the Holy Bible, is the inspired Word of God. It is the complete, inerrant, infallible revelation of God’s will and promises for salvation. It is the source of direction, instruction, correction, and reproof for humankind, and thus the basis for all living.
- That mankind was created in the image of God, sinned, and incurred both physical and spiritual death, which is separation from God, and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature.
- Salvation of man is wholly by God’s free grace, not by human works, morality, or religious ceremony. God imputes His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for salvation, and thereby justifies them in His sight.